Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First Post!

Woohoo first post!

So I just got back from Chicago a few days ago, and I came back with SOOO much yarn! It's amazing. Anyway, I got this list of knitting stores in Chicago from a user on Craftster, and I wrote down all of the addresses of the ones I wanted to go to. I ended up being satisfied with only going to 2 of them. I spent about $80 on yarn, and I got a ton of stuff. I went to Loopy Yarns and Midwest Discount Yarns. Both were amazing. I got a skein of some beautiful rainbow sock yarn and some purple baby alpaca. I can't decide what I'm going to knit with either of them. Well clearly a pair of socks, but I don't know what style. At Midwest Discount Yarns I got a few cottons, a few acrylics, and some wool. I got the best deal ever on the acrylics. I got a bag of hot pink thick and quick, 6 skeins total, for about $9, and a bag of lime green thick and quick, 7 skeins, for about $10. AMAZING! I was so excited. It's not the best, but it's good for when I just want something cheap and easy. I also scored some cheap black cotton at a thrift store called Hidden Treasures. Two small hanks and a small ball for $1. It's awesome.

Anyway, here's some pictures of the yarn I got:




Current WIPs:

Mary Jane slippers
Grandma's Scarf

No comments: