Thursday, July 26, 2007

Too Scared to Start a Wearable!

So I posted before about the Beginner's Raglan KAL. I was so certain I would actually do it, but I chickened out. Now that I finally have Charmed Knits, I want to make a House Sweater, but the yarn they use will cost about $150, which is just insane! I could substitute, but I can't find anything similar. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, I finished my owl. I used the Errol pattern from Charmed Knits, but I kind of made Hedwig, sort of. I didn't have grey yarn for the talons or for Hedwigs beak, so It's just a white owl with a yellow beak and no talons. It's cute though!
Oh and I didn't use buttons for eyes, because I didn't have two of the same plain black buttons.

I'm over half way done with my aunt's scarf. It knitted up really quick. I did the majority of it in a day. Ok, I started a couple of weeks ago, but I stopped because I bought Charmed Knits and had to make something from there.
But I should be done in the next couple of days probably.
Unfortunately, I never finished the other mary jane slipper. I just got bored!

I also tried my first cable project.
A little cute wallet. I love it.

I'll post pictures of everything soon. It's just been really cloudy here today.

Current WIPs:

Aunt's Scarf

2 comments:

Tina in Wonderland said...

I would love to see pics of your Hedwig Owl! I'm soooo dying to get myself a copy of Charmed Knits!

Samantha said...

Have you looked into Plymouth Encore Yarns? It is an Acrylic/wool blend though. It should cut the cost of the yarn in half or more I am sure. Check out Knit Picks yarn as well.