Wednesday, August 15, 2007

House Sweater Yarn

I haven't posted in a week. I've been insanely busy with birthday stuff and getting ready to go back to school. My box of yarn came on Saturday! I've never received such an awesome package in the mail before!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Isn't it beautiful! I'm so excited.

I haven't decided on a yarn for my practice sweater yet. I want it to be cheap, but still pretty enough to wear. I can't wait to get started on the real one though.

I also completed a newsboy cap on Sunday. It didn't turn out exactly like the picture in the pattern, because the yarn I used was thicker, but it's still really cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm kinda thinking it would look good with ear flaps, but I'm not sure. I'll see how much yarn I have left.

The brim is kinda folded down a little in this picture, but oh well. It's really comfy. I'm planning on making a pair of fold over mittens to match.

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Comments, as always, are love <3

1 comment:

*Jaye* said...

Happy belated birthday, Jami!

As for the yarn...it's great getting happy presents in the mail, isn't it? Squeal!!!!!!!!! The colours are wonderful, I'm sure they'll make a terrific sweater (I'm not really up on the Harry Potter thing, so I don't know what you're referring to here ;).

As I said on the KAL blog, I think you did an awesome job on the Newsboy hat - really great! You mentioned some thoughts on blocking it there, though. That depends on what the content of the yarn is. If it's wool or cotton or blends of either, it should block okay. If it's acrylic it really won't block. But in all honesty, it looks great and the tiny bit of floppiness that I see in the brim give the hat a good deal of character. I like it!