Thursday, August 9, 2007

I DID IT!

The good news:
I actually bought the yarn for my House Sweater! I'm using Plymouth Encore DK. Half the price of Jaeger Matchmaker Merino DK! I bought 2 balls extra of the grey, just so I'm certain I have enough yarn. I spent about $75, but that's really only $5 over my yarn money I had for my birthday, so I'm happy.

The bad news:
The store I went to actually has 2 locations in Columbus. The one I went to only had 6 balls of the grey, 1 ball of the red (thankfully that's all I needed) and only a sample of the gold. I spent $75 and only walked out of the store with 1 ball of red yarn.

More good news:
Sometime in the next few days I will be receiving a HUGE box of yarn in the mail! And the shipping is free!

Yeah, I'm excited!
Oh, in case you didn't notice, I went for Gryffindor!

Since this is my first time making something that involves shaping and blocking, I'm going to go ahead and use the same pattern but with really cheap acrylic yarn and taking notes just to make sure I get everything right. I don't want to destroy my good yarn by frogging over and over.

Oh, and what's with this 100 degree weather?
We went to the Ohio State Fair for my birthday yesterday (to look at cute animals!), and we were only there for like 2 hours and we left because it was so hot! We heard later that day that pretty soon after we left all of the rides were shut down because of how dangerously hot it was. I say we should get our money back!

No comments: