Sunday, September 2, 2007

Latest FO - Tampon Case


Here's my latest project. I designed it myself, but that doesn't really mean much since it was so easy! The buttons came from a woman that was friends with my grandma. Aren't they gorgeous? I think they go really well with the yellow of the yarn. Oh, and see that pretty teapot and platter that the tampon case is on? That's my latest yard sale purchase. I got the set for $12. It's so beautiful. It has a Chinese dragon on both sides and on the platter, and it's hand painted

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You can fit quite a few tampons in here. It's pictured with 4, but there is plenty room for more. It's about 3" x 6 1/2". If anyone would like the directions on how to do this, I'd be more than willing to post them here, but really, it's one of the easiest things in the world to make.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've also casted on for my House Sweater! I'll post pictures once I've gotten a few more rows done.

Also, thanks for all the kind comments on my last post! Now that I'm back in school and have gotten used to it I feel a lot better. I guess I just had a case of the back to school blues.

4 comments:

Tina in Wonderland said...

Great idea and design on that tampon case! It's really cute!

You got an awesome deal on that teapot and tray! They are gorgeous!! I LOVE treasure hunting at yard sales and flea markets!

Knit and fall back in it said...

The tampon case is as cute as it could be, I love having something special like those buttons to put onto an everyday item, makes the whole thing so much cooler.

It may seem like a simple design, but don't sell yourself short. MOST people couldn't have done that.

Sarah said...

Howdy! There hasn't been a post in a bit...I hope your studies aren't eating you alive. Mine bit off my left leg, and a few fingers, but I press on somehow:)

Rhiannon said...

Love the tampon case! How can I get the pattern?